Large Files?

Apr 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM

So I've been reading the original documentation for this project and it looks as if in theory it should be perfectly fine to upload any file type.

I changed the file size limits and added other filetypes to the list but it's biggest problem is not showing progress when uploading larger files.

I'm struggling to make sense of some of the behind the scenes flash magic that happens but is there a way to show progress when uploading non image files?

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Yes you're right it can support any file type & would just require a few modifications to make it work, which it sounds like you've done.  I hadn't really tested that which is why I didn't include it in this module. 

You're right also that it doesn't appear to be showing progress which seems like a bug.  I will try to have a look in the next few days but I'm no flash guru.  The source is available on github as you've probably found.  Let us know if you make any progress.

Apr 9, 2012 at 5:35 AM

I've had a go but can't make much sense, had a bit of a play but i'm not the greatest at javascript. I've fired off a tweet to the creator see if they know something I don't.

If you do end up getting it let me know!